Visiting The Strand
Travelers to The Strand give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in The Strand
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV), 2.8 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in The Strand
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: The Strand, Strand Park, and Jezzine Barracks. Additionally, you might want to add Strand Waterpark to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in The Strand. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Townsville Holiday Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its location and clean, quiet rooms.
- Waters Edge The Strand - Our customers love the quiet location and WiFi at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Aquarius on the Beach - This 4-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for The Strand
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for The Strand is 40.35 inches
- December and January are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 58°F