Travelers to Thonex will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Jet d'Eau Fountain, Bourg-de-Four Square, and Saint-Pierre Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 202 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Geneva
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Thonex
Jet d'Eau Fountain, Bourg-de-Four Square, and Saint-Pierre Cathedral are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Reformation Wall Monument and Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
As you plan your vacation to Thonex, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 176 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Royal is 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Geneva can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Hotel Suisse is located 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Geneva can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Ibis Geneve Centre Gare is located within 3.3 mi (5.3 km) of the city center. This 3-star hotel in Geneva features free WiFi, a bar, and a business center. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include United Nations European Headquarters, 3.8 mi/6.1 km from the heart of the city, and Ariana Ceramics and Glass Museum, which is 3.8 mi (6.1 km) away.
Getting Around Thonex
Nearby metro stations include Graveson Tram Stop and Moillesulaz Tram Stop. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Thonex
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 30°F at night
- About 33.70 inches of rain falls on Thonex each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 30°F