Find Hotels in Thun
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $110
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Jun 13, 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Thun are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, museums, and art. Top sights around the area include Bundeshaus, Schloss Schadau, and Paul Klee Museum.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Thun
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Thun
Cultural venues in the city include Thun Art Museum, Swiss Army Museum, and Thun-Panorama. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Schloss Schadau and Thun Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Schadaupark.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Thun. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Krone - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and parking, along with cable TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Holiday - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Alpha thun - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Bundeshaus, 15.6 mi/25.1 km from the city center, and Paul Klee Museum, which is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away.
Getting Around Thun
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Thun Station. Thun might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Thun
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Thun gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 27°F