Visitors to Twizel are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, mountain views, and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and quaint setting. In Twizel, there are 23 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Twizel
The city's lakeside and mountain views provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Lake Ruataniwha. You'll also find Lake Pukaki Information Center and Lake Ohau in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Twizel. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Heartland Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room jetted tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and location.
- The Lakes Motel Twizel - Our customers love the quiet location and nice bathrooms at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Mountain Chalets Motel - With a stay at this 3-star chalet, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Twizel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Twizel each year
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 36°F