Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés and local tours. Acropolis Museum, Parthenon, and Filopappos Hill are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1386 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Athens
- The closest major airport is in Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Kavouri Beach, Varkiza Beach, and Astir Beach. Taking local tours is just one of the top activities, while Vouliagmeni Spa Lake and onAqua Sports Park are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yabanaki Beach and Voula Beach.
In Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, you'll find 53 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Somewhere Boutique Hotel Vouliagmeni - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Margi - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Blazer Suites Hotel - This 4-star aparthotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers love its dining options and spacious, clean rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Acropolis Museum, 10 mi/16 km from the heart of the city, and Parthenon, which is 10.1 mi (16.3 km) away.
Getting Around Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni
Head to Asklipiio Voulas Station to catch metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni gets about 15.20 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 43°F