Visitors can enjoy all that Ilioupoli has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. Top sights around the area include Acropolis Museum, Parthenon, and Filopappos Hill.
- You'll find 1386 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Athens
- The closest major airport is in Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ilioupoli
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Acropolis Museum, Parthenon, and Filopappos Hill. In the area, you'll also find Hellenic Parliament and Roman Agora.
As you start planning your visit to Ilioupoli, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 1105 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Wyndham Grand Athens is 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city's heart. This 5-star hotel in Athens features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- New Hotel is located 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center. This 5-star hotel in Athens features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable beds.
- Electra Metropolis Athens is located within 3.2 mi (5.1 km) of the city center. This 5-star hotel in Athens features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Top places to see in the area include Ancient Agora, 3.4 mi/5.5 km from the city center, and Athens Olympic Stadium, which is 7.2 mi/11.5 km away.
Dressing for Ilioupoli
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- About 15.20 inches of rain falls on Ilioupoli each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 43°F