Visitors to Villefranche-sur-Saone are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses, bars, and ski areas. Musee d'Art Contemporain, Tete d'Or Park, and Terreaux Square are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 798 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 52.6 mi (84.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Villefranche-sur-Saone
A favorite place to visit in the city is Musee Paul Dini. Additionally, in the area you'll find Musee d'Art Contemporain and Tete d'Or Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Villefranche-sur-Saone. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Hotel Plaisance - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Hostellerie La Ferme du Poulet - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Mercure Villefranche en Beaujolais Ici & La - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Terreaux Square, 16.3 mi/26.2 km from the heart of the city, and Lyon City Hall, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Getting Around Villefranche-sur-Saone
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Villefranche-sur-Saône Station. Villefranche-sur-Saone might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Villefranche-sur-Saone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Villefranche-sur-Saone each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F