Find Motels in Waterloo
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Featured Motels in Waterloo
Reviewed on Sep 23, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Waterloo
Isle Casino Hotel- Waterloo
Reviewed on Feb 28, 2021
Hampton Inn Cedar Falls Downtown
Reviewed on Feb 14, 2021
Courtyard by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls
Reviewed on Feb 26, 2021
Waterloo Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 9 economical motels in Waterloo among the more than 44 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Waterloo. Top sights include Lost Island Waterpark and UNI-Dome.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you're likely to find an outdoor pool and free parking.
Below are some of Expedia customers' recommended Waterloo motels to select from:
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of Lost Island Waterpark.
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 19 minutes of UNI-Dome by car.
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and a casino shuttle.
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Lost Island Waterpark.
- You'll be located within 18 minutes of UNI-Dome by car.
- A sauna along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in WaterlooIn this family-friendly area, enjoy its beautiful waterfalls and top-notch restaurants while you're sightseeing. People visiting Waterloo love its shops.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Lost Island Waterpark
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Big Woods Lake Recreation Area
- Stolz Park
- Randall Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Palmer's Family Fun
- Falls Aquatic Center
- Cedar Rock State Park (Lowell Walter Residence)
Waterloo is also popular for its:
- University life
- Live music
Best Time to Visit WaterlooDetermine the perfect time for your visit to Waterloo by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 53° F and nighttime temperatures average 9° F
- April-June: 84° F is the daytime average and 32° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 85° F and nighttime averages are around 44° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 69° F during the day and 10° F at night
- Average rainfall is 34.53 inches in a year
How to Get to Waterloo and Around the Area
|Waterloo, IA (ALO-Waterloo Regional)||Airport||4.8 mi (7.8 km)|
|Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa)||Airport||52.9 mi (85.2 km)|