Visiting Cedar Falls
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cedar Falls, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, sporting events, and shopping.
- You'll find 42 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Waterloo
- The closest major airport is in Waterloo, IA (ALO-Waterloo Regional), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cedar Falls
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and Big Woods Lake Recreation Area. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and College Square Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Northern Iowa is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cedar Falls. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Cedar Falls Conference Center - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and location.
- Blackhawk Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Cedar Falls - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Dressing for Cedar Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 9°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Cedar Falls gets about 34.53 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°F