Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waterloo, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Lost Island Waterpark and UNI-Dome.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Waterloo
- The closest major airport is in Waterloo, IA (ALO-Waterloo Regional), 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 52.9 mi (85.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterloo
Cultural venues in the city include Waterloo Center for the Arts, Heartland Acres Agribition Center, and Grout Museum of History. Families come for attractions such as Lost Island Waterpark, Palmer's Family Fun, and Falls Aquatic Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Cedar Rock State Park (Lowell Walter Residence), Wapsipinicon Mill, and Hub City Heritage Corporation Railway Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Waterloo. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waterloo Cedar Falls - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Blackhawk Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Cobblestone Inn & Suites - Waverly - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Waterloo include UNI-Dome.
Dressing for Waterloo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 9°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- Waterloo gets about 34.53 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F