Visitors to Wilkesboro are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, university setting, and mountain views.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Wilkesboro
- The closest major airport is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 52.4 mi (84.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilkesboro
A favorite place to visit in the city is Wilkes Heritage Museum. You'll also find Rocky Face Mountain and Menarick Vineyard and Winery in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Wilkesboro - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Wilkesboro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.45 inches of rain falls on Wilkesboro each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F