Wilmington Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 12 affordable motels in Wilmington among more than 70 lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which offer more amenities but ones that you may not use.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Wilmington has to offer. Top sights include Fort Delaware State Park and Christiana Mall.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, customized neon signs often lit up the roadside motels, and today, examples of these can still be found along historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below are some of our customers' recommended Wilmington motels to select from:
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Wilmington - Newark
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of Christiana Mall.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Days Inn by Wyndham Wilmington/Newark
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Longwood Gardens and Christiana Mall.
Super 8 by Wyndham New Castle
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a short 7-minute drive of Christiana Mall.
Rodeway Inn University
- It's located within a quick 4-minute drive of University of Delaware.
- A computer station along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- If driving, you'll be within 12 minutes of Christiana Mall.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Wilmington
While you're exploring this historical, family-friendly area, take time to enjoy the top-notch restaurants. People who visit Wilmington love its shops and university life.
Must-see local attractions include:
- Fort Delaware State Park
- Christiana Mall
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Brown Park
- Fort Christina Park
- Christina Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
Wilmington is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit Wilmington
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Wilmington by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 24° F
- April-June: 85° F is the daytime average and 38° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 86° F and nighttime averages are around 52° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 72° F during the day and 25° F at night
- Average rainfall is 43.11 inches in a year
How to Get to Wilmington and Around the Area
|Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.) ||Airport ||18.6 mi (29.9 km) |
|Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field) ||Airport ||30.7 mi (49.4 km) |
|Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal) ||Airport ||36.2 mi (58.3 km) |
|Wilmington Station ||Train Station ||0.7 mi (1.1 km) |
|Newark Station ||Train Station ||12.2 mi (19.6 km) |