Visitors to Claymont are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its bars. Top sights around the area include Longwood Gardens, Fort Delaware State Park, and Wells Fargo Center.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 25.1 mi (40.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Claymont
Longwood Gardens, Fort Delaware State Park, and Wells Fargo Center are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Citizens Bank Park in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Crowne Plaza Wilmington North - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Claymont
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- About 43.11 inches of rain falls on Claymont each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F