Visitors can enjoy all that Yongin has to offer including the theme park, zoo, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, basketball games, and forests.
- You'll find 291 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Suwon
- The closest major airport is in Seoul (GMP-Gimpo Intl.), 31.2 mi (50.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cheongju (CJJ-Cheongju Intl.), 39.4 mi (63.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yongin
Cultural venues in the city include Hoam Art Museum, Samsung Transportation Museum, and Sejoong Museum. Attractions like Everland, Hanteo Pony Farm, and Caribbean Bay are fun for kids of all ages. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Korea Country Club and Korean Folk Village.
In Yongin, you'll find 50 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Yongin Central CO'OP Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- SR Design Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free valet parking, and a café.
- MSTAY Hotel Giheung - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Giheung-gu can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit in the area include COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, 20.8 mi/33.5 km from the heart of the city, and National Museum of Korea, which is 23.5 mi (37.8 km) away.
Getting Around Yongin
You can take advantage of metro transit at Bojeong Station, Jukjeon Station, and Ori Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Yongin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Yongin gets about 0.94 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F