Visiting Agios Nikolaos
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Agios Nikolaos, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and cafés. A top sight in the city is Spinalonga Castle.
- There are 210 hotels and other accommodations in Agios Nikolaos
- The closest major airport is in Sitia (JSH), 21.5 mi (34.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 32.3 mi (52 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Agios Nikolaos
The city is notable for landmarks like Spinalonga Castle, Ancient City of Lato, and Milatos Cave. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lake Voulismeni, Voulisma Beach, and Istro Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port of Agios Nikolaos and Panagia Kera Church.
In Agios Nikolaos, you'll be able to select from 210 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elounda Olea Villas and Apartments - This 3-star hotel features 4 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and WiFi.
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa, Crete - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Elounda Garden Suites - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Agios Nikolaos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Agios Nikolaos is 0.83 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F