Alexandria Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 8 inexpensive motels in Alexandria among the more than 102 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs compared to traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room, you can make the most of what Alexandria has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include George Washington Masonic National Memorial, George Washington's Mount Vernon, and Birchmere.
Fun fact: Motels made their debut in the 1920s as a place to stay for the weary traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motels often have free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of Expedia customers' favorite Alexandria motels available to book:
Days Inn by Wyndham Alexandria
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Pentagon and George Washington Masonic National Memorial.
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and an area shuttle.
Days Inn by Wyndham Alexandria South
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 8-minute drive of George Washington Masonic National Memorial.
The Virginia Lodge
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of George Washington Masonic National Memorial.
Moon Inn Hotel
- It's located within a quick 4-minute drive of George Washington Masonic National Memorial.
- A restaurant along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and valet parking are available during your stay.
Quality Inn Mt. Vernon
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of George Washington Masonic National Memorial and George Washington's Mount Vernon.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Alexandria
Check out the museums or simply enjoy the restaurants in this historical area while you're sightseeing. People visiting Alexandria like its shops and cafés.
Here are some popular places:
- George Washington Masonic National Memorial
- George Washington's Mount Vernon
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Cameron Run Regional Park
- Green Spring Gardens Park
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Smithsonian's National Zoo
- Six Flags America
- National Aquarium
Alexandria is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Alexandria
Figure out the ideal time to visit Alexandria by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 62° F and nighttime temperatures average 26° F
- April-June: 88° F is the daytime average and 40° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 89° F and nighttime averages are around 53° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 74° F during the day and 27° F at night
- Average rainfall is 44.49 inches in a year
How to Get to Alexandria and Around the Area
|Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National) ||Airport ||6 mi (9.7 km) |
|College Park, MD (CGS) ||Airport ||17 mi (27.4 km) |
|Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.) ||Airport ||22.3 mi (35.8 km) |
|Huntington Station ||Metro Station ||1.9 mi (3 km) |
|Huntington Ave. Station ||Metro Station ||2 mi (3.3 km) |
|Van Dorn Station ||Metro Station ||2.2 mi (3.5 km) |
|Alexandria Station ||Train Station ||3 mi (4.8 km) |