Visitors to Altavista are sure to enjoy the university setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, forests, and opera houses.
- You'll find 60 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lynchburg
- The closest major airport is in Lynchburg, VA (LYH-Lynchburg Regional), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Altavista
A couple of favorite places to visit are Avoca Museum and Altavista Town Hall. You'll also find A Goode View Alpaca Farm and Putt-Putt Fun Center in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Altavista
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Altavista is 41.61 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 26°F