Find Hotels in Amsterdam, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 5, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 15, 2020
Visitors to Amsterdam are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, shopping, and wineries.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 14.8 mi (23.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amsterdam
Favorite places to visit in the city include Walter Elwood Museum, Schoharie Crossing, and Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs. Additionally, you might want to add Wildlife Sports and Education Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Amsterdam. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Halcyon Farm Bed & Breakfast - Amenities in this 3-star B&B guestroom include a fireplace.
- Amsterdam Castle - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Amsterdam - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see around the area include Saratoga Spa State Park, 20.9 mi/33.7 km from the city center, and Congress Park, which is 22.6 mi (36.3 km) away.
Getting Around Amsterdam
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Amsterdam Station. Amsterdam might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Amsterdam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 9°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- About 46.38 inches of rain falls on Amsterdam each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Amsterdam?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amsterdam, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Amsterdam?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic vacation to Amsterdam?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Walter Elwood Museum?
What about the best place to stay near Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs?
What's the best golf hotel in Amsterdam?
What are some accommodations with pools in Amsterdam?
Recent reviews of Amsterdam hotels
More trip options
- Amsterdam Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Amsterdam Airports
- Hotels near Popular Amsterdam Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Amsterdam
- More Hotel Options in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in New York
- Other Hotels near Amsterdam, New York
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends