Families will find kid-friendly activities in Arona, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and bars. Around the area, top sights include Los Cristianos Beach, Teide National Park, and Los Gigantes Beach.
- There are 489 hotels and other accommodations in Arona
- The closest major airport is in Tenerife (TFS-Tenerife South), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in La Gomera (GMZ), 32.2 mi (51.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arona
Favorite family attractions include Monkey Park and Camel Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Los Cristianos Beach, Guaza Hill, and Chayofita Hill. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tenerife Sur is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Arona, you'll be able to select from 489 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vanilla Garden Hotel - Adults Only - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Sir Anthony Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Europe Villa Cortes - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Teide National Park, 12.5 mi/20.2 km from the city center, and Los Gigantes Beach, which is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away.
Dressing for Arona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 61°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.20 inches of rain falls on Arona each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F