Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tenerife, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and fun sporting events. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its shopping and mountain views. Top sights in the city include Teide National Park, Loro Park, and El Medano Beach.
- There are 3875 hotels and other accommodations in Tenerife
- The closest major airport is in Tenerife (TFS-Tenerife South), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (TFN-Tenerife North), 18 mi (29 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tenerife
Cultural venues in the city include Tenerife Auditorium, Teide Observatory, and Arona Pyramid. Families come for attractions such as Loro Park, Aqualand Costa Adeje, and Siam Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Veronicas Strip, Plaza de Espana, and La Paz Lookout.
In Tenerife, there are 3875 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Riu Palace Tenerife - This 4-star hotel in Costa Adeje features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Iberostar Selection Anthelia - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this resort. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Costa Adeje can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Royal Hideaway Corales Beach, part of Barceló Hotel Group - Adults Only - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Costa Adeje can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Tenerife include Teide National Park, El Medano Beach, and Golf Costa Adeje.
Getting Around Tenerife
Head over to Chimisay to catch metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Tenerife
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 61°F as the nighttime average
- Tenerife gets about 0.20 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F