Travelers to Avenal will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Avenal
Places to visit in the larger region include Kettleman City Community Services, Kettleman City Library, and Kettleman City Community Park. Additionally, you'll find James Dean Memorial Junction in the area.
As you plan your trip to Avenal, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 9 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- The Lodging House Inn is 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from central Avenal. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Avenal can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Motel 6 Coalinga East is located 26.1 mi (42 km) from the heart of Avenal. This 2-star motel in Coalinga features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Harris Ranch Inn is 25.7 mi (41.4 km) from the center of Avenal. This 3-star hotel in Coalinga features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Avenal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 95°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Avenal gets about 7.24 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 96°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 35°F