Visiting Paso Robles
Travelers to Paso Robles give high marks for the array of wineries, festivals, and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its breweries and live music. Top sights around the area include Estrella Warbirds Museum and Mission San Miguel.
- You'll find 741 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 27 mi (43.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Paso Robles
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Estrella Warbirds Museum, Paso Robles Children's Museum, and Paso Robles Pioneer Museum. Attractions like Paso Robles Event Center, Ravine Waterpark, and Paso Robles Horse Park are fun for kids of all ages. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Anglim Winery, Windward Vineyard, and Villicana Winery are favorite sights to visit.
In Paso Robles, you'll be able to select from 274 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inn at Croad Vineyards - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Hotel Cheval - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Sundance Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Hearst Castle, located 27.1 mi (43.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Mission San Miguel, which is 8 mi (12.9 km) away.
Getting Around Paso Robles
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Paso Robles Station. Paso Robles may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Paso Robles
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Paso Robles is 12.01 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 35°F