Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Visalia, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful parks, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours, festivals, and cafés. Top sights in the area include Fresno Art Museum and Forestiere Underground Gardens.
- You'll find 201 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fresno
- The closest major airport is in Visalia, CA (VIS-Visalia Municipal), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fresno, CA (FAT-Fresno Yosemite Intl.), 38.5 mi (62 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Visalia
The city is well known for its festivals and theaters, and Imagine U Children's Museum is a local cultural venue. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and Mooney Grove Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Visalia City Hall and Rawhide Ballpark.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Visalia. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Visalia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Visalia - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Visalia Convention Center - This 2.5-star hotel features 20 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and room size.
Dressing for Visalia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 10.35 inches of rain falls on Visalia each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F