Families will find kid-friendly activities in Atascadero, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries, coffeehouses, and entertainment choices. Estrella Warbirds Museum, Morro Bay State Park, and Morro Rock are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 738 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Atascadero
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sunken Gardens, Atascadero Historical Museum, and Atascadero City Hall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Faces of Freedom Veterans Memorial and Atascadero Lake Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Atascadero. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Best Nest Guesthouse (Breakfast Included) - Amenities in this 3.5-star vacation home include a kitchenette, free WiFi, and a furnished patio. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Paso Robles Atascadero - Our customers like the bar and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Carlton Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see outside the city include Estrella Warbirds Museum, 12.4 mi/19.9 km from the heart of the city, and Morro Bay State Park, which is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away.
Dressing for Atascadero
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Atascadero is 0.71 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F