Find Hotels in Bilbao
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Bilbao
Museums, theaters, and historic sites highlight some notable features of Casco Viejo. Make a stop by Plaza Nueva or Arriaga Theater while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Casco Viejo Station or Arriga Tram Stop to get around town.
Bilbao City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(43 area reviews)
Discover centuries worth of art treasures and ancient churches and palaces on a trip to the heart of this northern port city.
Bilbao Old Town
4.5/5Wonderful!(63 area reviews)
Discover characterful bars, historic architecture, colorful independent stores and much more amid the largely pedestrianized streets of Bilbao’s atmospheric heart.
If you're spending some time in Castaños, Bilbao City Hall and Funicular de Artxanda are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(227 area reviews)
Outstanding architecture, museums filled with the work of artistic legends and gorgeous parks and squares are among the top attraction of this central district.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Bilbao, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, abundant cafés, and lively bar scene. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its art, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Santiago Cathedral, Zubizuri Bridge, and Plaza Moyua.
- There are 250 hotels and other accommodations in Bilbao
- The closest major airport is in Bilbao (BIO), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vitoria (VIT), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bilbao
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, and Arriaga Theater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Santiago Cathedral, Zubizuri Bridge, and Plaza Moyua. The city's natural beauty is on display at Monte Artxanda, Estuary of Bilbao, and Sopelana Beach.
In Bilbao, you'll be able to select from 250 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cosmov Bilbao Hotel** - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Abando can enjoy access to parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Agroturismo Ibarrondo Etxea - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this country house. This 3-star country house features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao - This 5-star hotel in Abando features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a health club. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Bilbao include San Mames Stadium, Bilbao Exhibition Centre, and Vizcaya Bridge.
Getting Around Bilbao
With so many transportation options, exploring Bilbao is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Abando Tram Stop, Abando Station, and Arriga Tram Stop. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bilbao-Abando Station, Bilbao Zabalburu Station, or Bilbao Miribilla Station.
Dressing for Bilbao
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 1.69 inches of rain falls on Bilbao each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 45°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Bilbao?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bilbao, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Bilbao?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Bilbao?
Where is the best place to stay in Bilbao Old Town?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Bilbao?
What's the best hotel for couples in Bilbao?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Bilbao?
Where is the best place to stay close to Bilbao Exhibition Centre?
What about the best place to stay close to Guggenheim Museum Bilbao?
What's the best accommodation to stay near the beach in Bilbao?
Recent reviews of Bilbao hotels
More trip options
- Bilbao Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Bilbao Airports
- Hotels in Bilbao Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Bilbao Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Bilbao
- More Hotel Options in Bilbao
- More Popular Hotels in Basque Country
- Other Hotels near Bilbao, Basque Country
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends