Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cairndow, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Benmore Botanic Garden.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Cairndow
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 49.3 mi (79.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cairndow
Favorite places to visit in the city include Ardkinglas Woodland Garden, Loch Goil, and Carrick Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Loch Fyne and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cairndow. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Shore House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Cairndow Stagecoach Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
A popular place to see outside the city is Benmore Botanic Garden, 11.5 mi/18.5 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Cairndow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 52.09 inches of rain falls on Cairndow each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F