Visitors can enjoy all that Calvert has to offer including the parks and monuments. Top sights in the area include Kyle Field and George Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
- You'll find 182 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of College Station
- The closest major airport is in College Station, TX (CLL-Easterwood), 32.9 mi (53 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Calvert
Favorite places to visit in the city include Virginia Field Park, Katy Hamman-Stricker Women's Heritage Center, and Epiphany Episcopal Church. Additionally, you'll find Camp Hearne and Hearne Railroad Museum Depot in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Calvert, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 10 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- The Bird House Bed & Brunch is located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the heart of Calvert. This 2.5-star hotel in Franklin features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Franklin Inn & Suites is 9.9 mi (16 km) from central Calvert. This 2-star motel in Franklin features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Best Western Franklin Town Center Hotel & Suites is 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the center of Calvert. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Hearne can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Calvert
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Calvert gets about 39.53 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F