Travelers to Capri give high marks for the shopping, bustling marina, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights around the area include Marina Grande Beach, Piazza Tasso, and Church of Santa Maria Assunta.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodations in Capri
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 22.7 mi (36.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Capri
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Gardens of Augustus, Torre Saracena, and Arco Naturale. Top activities include boating and taking local tours, while Marina Grande and Marina Piccola are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Piazzetta Capri and Museum Ignazio Cerio.
In Capri, you'll be able to select from 70 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Capri Tiberio Palace - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Villa Helios Capri - Our customers love the overall value at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
- Luxury Villa Excelsior Parco - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Marina Grande Beach, located 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Piazza Tasso, which is 8.7 mi (14 km) away.
Dressing for Capri
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Capri each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 46°F