Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Positano, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its cafés and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Ercolano Ruins, Church of Santa Maria Assunta, and Emerald Grotto.
- There are 141 hotels and other accommodations in Positano
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Positano
The seaside, sunsets, and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Spiaggia Grande and Fornillo Beach. Boating is a top activity, and Positano Ferry is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of Santa Maria Assunta and Piazza dei Mulini.
In Positano, there are 141 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Il San Pietro di Positano - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Laurito can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Villa Mary Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Liparlati, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Villa Yiara - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Ercolano Ruins, 14.2 mi/22.9 km from the heart of the city, and Emerald Grotto, which is 4.4 mi (7 km) away.
Dressing for Positano
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Positano gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 46°F