Visiting Capri Island
Travelers to Capri Island give high marks for the bustling marina and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights in the city include Villa San Michele, Marina Grande, and Piazzetta Capri.
- There are 200 hotels and other accommodations in Capri Island
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Capri Island
The city is notable for landmarks like Villa San Michele, Piazzetta Capri, and Via Krupp. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Blue Grotto, Gardens of Augustus, and Faraglioni Rocks. Top activities include boating and taking local tours, while Marina Grande is one place to visit.
In Capri Island, you'll be able to select from 200 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Mediterranea Capri - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Capri Tiberio Palace - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- San Nicola Guest House - Amenities at this guesthouse include free WiFi and a free manager's reception. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Marina Grande Beach, 9 mi/14.5 km from the city center, and Piazza Tasso, which is 9.3 mi (15 km) away.
Dressing for Capri Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Capri Island gets about 1.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 46°F