Horrible 3-day stay
Posted Nov 26, 2016
1) The room would not maintain any temperature that it was set to.
2) The heater would make a loud noise every time it shut off.
3) The room next door was extremely loud after midnight, and again very early in the morning.
4) The food on-site is NOT edible. I ordered one of their Fall Specials, baked brie. Baked brie should be very soft, but in this case it was so hard that I broke a tooth and was in excruciating pain for days.
5) The person working the front desk never asked how my stay was, so this hotel clearly could care less about the guest experience. I stay in hotels all the time, and upon checkout I'm always asked how my stay was.
6) Despite the fact I provided a valid credit card and photo ID upon check-in, the hotel manager interrupted me while heading back to my room, after I received my food order (take out). She demanded that I provide her with my credit card (again), because they "forgot to run it" upon check-in. It would have been nice to enjoy a meal while it was hot, but now I had to wait several minutes for them to figure out a credit card issue with their system.
It's a good thing there is another hotel immediately nearby, so everyone has other hotel options besides Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Gastonia
Comment from Hotel Management
Nov 28, 2016 by Manager , Hotel Management
Randy, thank you for staying with us and sharing your observations, which were very concerning. It always saddens me to hear such feedback, as this is far from the image we like to portray to our guests. I do take these concerns seriously and use them to ensure we improve. I'm sorry we spoiled your stay, and I can assure you these matters have been taken care of since then. I do hope we will have another occasion to meet your expectations and to welcome you back to our hotel. Thank you again for your business and your feedback.