Visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene in Chichester, which is also known for its cathedral and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfront. Top sights in the city include Pallant House Gallery, Chichester Cathedral, and Fishbourne Roman Palace.
- There are 147 hotels and other accommodations in Chichester
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 26.6 mi (42.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 34.7 mi (55.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chichester
The city's cultural venues include Pallant House Gallery and Weald and Downland Open Air Museum. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Chichester Cathedral, Fishbourne Roman Palace, and Chichester Market Cross. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and these places to visit: Kingley Vale, West Dean Gardens, and Chichester Harbour.
In Chichester, you'll find 147 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old School Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Old Forge Chapel - Our customers love the quiet location and nice bathrooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Old Store Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to see in the area include Arundel Castle and Gardens, 10 mi/16 km from the heart of the city, and Arundel Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre, which is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away.
Getting Around Chichester
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Chichester Station, Chichester Fishbourne Station, or Chirchester Bosham Station. Chichester might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chichester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Chichester each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F