Travelers to Cholderton will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Stonehenge, Old Sarum, and Salisbury Cathedral.
- There are 252 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 28.7 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cholderton
Stonehenge, Old Sarum, and Salisbury Cathedral are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. You'll also find Thruxton Motorsport Centre and Museum of Army Chaplaincy in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Cholderton, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 80 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Days Inn Winchester M3 is 18.6 mi (30 km) from the center of Cholderton. This 2-star hotel in Winchester features free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Winchester Hotel & Spa is 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from central Cholderton. This 4-star hotel in Winchester features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sarum College is located 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the heart of Cholderton. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Salisbury can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Cholderton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Cholderton is 0.98 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F