Cooperstown Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from more than 99 hotels and other lodging options in Cooperstown, though you'll find just 4 inexpensive motels. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room, you can make the most of what Cooperstown has to offer. Top sights include National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, as well as Cooperstown Dreams Park in the area.
Fun fact: Motels made their debut in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the weary traveler taking a road trip along America's major roadways. Motels often have free parking, and many also include an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers’ favorite Cooperstown motels to select from:
Bayside Inn & Marina
- If driving, you'll be within 12 minutes of National Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Enjoy access to the marina, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Red Carpet Inn & Suites Cooperstown
- Free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- It's located within a quick 4-minute drive of Cooperstown Dreams Park.
Lake View Motel
- Enjoy access to the private beach, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of National Baseball Hall of Fame and Cooperstown Dreams Park.
Lake 'N Pines Motel
- You'll be located within 12 minutes of National Baseball Hall of Fame by car.
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Things to Do in Cooperstown
While you're sightseeing around the area, enjoy its scenic lakeside and top-notch restaurants. People visiting Cooperstown like its museums, opera house, and breweries.
Must-see places in and around Cooperstown include:
- National Baseball Hall of Fame
- Cooperstown Dreams Park
These are some outdoorsy places nearby:
- Glimmerglass State Park
- Gilbert Lake State Park
- Goodyear Lake
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Barnyard Swing Miniature Golf
- Cooperstown Fun Park
Cooperstown is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Cooperstown
Figure out the ideal time to visit Cooperstown by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 47° F and nighttime temperatures average 12° F
- April-June: 79° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 80° F and nighttime averages are around 44° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 64° F during the day and 15° F at night
- Average rainfall is 43.74 inches in a year
How to Get to Cooperstown and Around the Area
|Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.) ||Airport ||55.6 mi (89.5 km) |