Families will find kid-friendly activities in McDonough, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. In McDonough, there are 29 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 31 mi (49.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in McDonough
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sky Zone Trampoline Park. You'll also find Panola Mountain State Park and Atlanta Motor Speedway in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in McDonough. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites McDonough - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Tru by Hilton McDonough - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta McDonough - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for McDonough
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- McDonough gets about 48.50 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F