Visitors to Danville are sure to enjoy the university setting and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and theaters.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Danville
- The closest major airport is in Lexington, KY (LEX-Blue Grass), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Danville
Cultural venues in the city include Community Arts Center, Norton Center for the Arts, and Great American Dollhouse Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site, Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, and Ephraim McDowell House. The picturesque setting of Herrington Lake and Constitution Square State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Danville. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this inn. With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Hampton Inn Danville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Keeneland Racing Course, located 29.2 mi (47 km) from the city center, and Kroger Field, which is 29.9 mi/48.1 km away.
Dressing for Danville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Danville is 46.36 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F