Travelers to Lexington give high marks for the college vibe, fun sporting events, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, art, and live music. Top sights in the city include Rupp Arena, Mary Todd Lincoln House, and Kroger Field.
- There are 243 hotels and other accommodations in Lexington
- The closest major airport is in Lexington, KY (LEX-Blue Grass), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lexington
Known for its festivals, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Lexington Opera House, Downtown Arts Center, and American Legion Post 34 Fairgrounds. The city is notable for landmarks like Mary Todd Lincoln House, Martin Castle, and Fort Boonesborough State Park. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kentucky Horse Park, Arboretum, and Jacobson Park.
In Lexington, there are 243 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Lexington - Hamburg - This 3-star hotel in Liberty Area features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Asbury Inn & Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lexington East/I-75 - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Lexington include Rupp Arena, Kroger Field, and Keeneland Racing Course.
Dressing for Lexington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.20 inches of rain falls on Lexington each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F