Families will find kid-friendly activities in Decatur, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and riverfront.
- You'll find 97 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Huntsville
- The closest major airport is in Huntsville, AL (HSV-Huntsville Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Muscle Shoals, AL (MSL-Northwest Alabama Regional), 37.6 mi (60.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Decatur
Cultural venues in the city include Princess Theatre Center for the Performing Arts, Blue & Gray Museum of North Alabama, and The Old State Bank. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Delano Park, Wilson Morgan Park, and Point Mallard Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Historic Bank Street and Cook's Natural Science Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Decatur. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Decatur Ingalls Harbor - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable beds.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Decatur - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Decatur - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Decatur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 32°F at night
- About 53.39 inches of rain falls on Decatur each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F