Families will find kid-friendly activities in Florence, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, riverfront, and shopping.
- There are 93 hotels and other accommodations in Florence
- The closest major airport is in Muscle Shoals, AL (MSL-Northwest Alabama Regional), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Huntsville, AL (HSV-Huntsville Intl.), 52.2 mi (84 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Florence
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Frank Lloyd Wright Rosenbaum House, Kennedy-Douglass Center for the Arts, and W.C. Handy Home. The city is notable for landmarks like Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Renaissance Tower, and Fame Recording Studios. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Spring Park, Joe Wheeler State Park, and Wheeler Lake.
In Florence, there are 93 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- GunRunner Boutique Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a rooftop terrace, and spa services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and comfortable beds.
- The Stricklin Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western Plus Tuscumbia Muscle Shoals Hotel and Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Florence
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- About 53.11 inches of rain falls on Florence each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 33°F