Families will find kid-friendly activities in Brownsville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its zoo, entertainment choices, and festivals.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Brownsville
- The closest major airport is in Brownsville, TX (BRO-Brownsville-South Padre Island Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Matamoros, Tamaulipas (MAM-General Servando Canales Intl.), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brownsville
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Historic Brownsville Museum, Stillman House Museum, and Museums of San Benito. The city is notable for landmarks like Iwo Jima Monument, Resaca de la Palma State Park, and Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site. The picturesque setting of Brownsville Sports Park and Victor Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Brownsville, there are 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Harlingen - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Brownsville North - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Harlingen - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, 23.9 mi/38.5 km from the city center, and South Padre Island Beach, which is 25.6 mi/41.2 km away.
Dressing for Brownsville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Brownsville gets about 27.36 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F