Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dumfries, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and restaurants.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Dumfries
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dumfries
Places to visit in the larger region include National Museum of the Marine Corps, Forest Greens Golf Club, and Prince William Forest Park. In the area, you'll also find Potomac Mills and Marine Corps Base Quantico.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dumfries. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Dumfries - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Comfort Inn Quantico Main Gate North - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Dumfries-Quantico Center - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Dumfries
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Dumfries gets about 41.14 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 29°F