Visitors to Lorton are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and forests. Top sights around the area include Arlington National Cemetery, Jefferson Memorial, and Lincoln Memorial.
- There are 1223 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 16.9 mi (27.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lorton
A couple of favorite places to visit are Gunston Hall and Laurel Hill Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Arlington National Cemetery and Jefferson Memorial.
As you make plans for a getaway to Lorton, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 61 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Liaison Capitol Hill DC is 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from central Lorton. This 2.5-star hotel in Lorton features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Wink Hotel is located 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from the heart of Lorton. This 4-star hotel in Washington features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Washington Plaza is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the center of Lorton. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Washington can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
Top places to visit around the area include Lincoln Memorial, 16.9 mi/27.2 km from the heart of the city, and Washington Monument, which is 17.4 mi (28 km) away.
Getting Around Lorton
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Lorton is a breeze. Head over to Lorton Station to catch metro. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Lorton Station.
Dressing for Lorton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Lorton gets about 44.49 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F