Visiting East Lansing
Visitors to East Lansing are sure to enjoy the university setting, sporting events, and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, riverfront, and art. Top sights around the area include Spartan Stadium, Impression 5 Science Center, and Michigan State Capitol.
- You'll find 54 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lansing
- The closest major airport is in Lansing, MI (LAN-Capital Region Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in East Lansing
Favorite family attractions include Abrams Planetarium and 4-H Children's Garden. The picturesque setting of John M. Patriarche Park and Nancy Moore Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Michigan State University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in East Lansing. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn East Lansing - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Towneplace Suites by Marriott East Lansing - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Marriott East Lansing at University Place - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other top sights in East Lansing include Spartan Stadium. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Impression 5 Science Center, 3.4 mi/5.5 km from the city center, and Michigan State Capitol, which is 3.7 mi (6 km) away.
Getting Around East Lansing
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at East Lansing Station. East Lansing may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for East Lansing
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 18°F at night
- East Lansing gets about 31.73 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F