Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lansing, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, college vibe, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Michigan State Capitol, Impression 5 Science Center, and Spartan Stadium.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Lansing
- The closest major airport is in Lansing, MI (LAN-Capital Region Intl.), 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Flint, MI (FNT-Bishop Intl.), 44.4 mi (71.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lansing
Cultural venues in the city include Impression 5 Science Center, Lansing Center, and Greater Lansing Convention and Visitors Bureau. Families come for attractions such as Potter Park Zoo, Uncle John's Cider Mill, and Abrams Planetarium. The city is notable for landmarks like Michigan State Capitol, Central United Methodist Church, and Turner-Dodge House and Heritage Center.
In Lansing, you'll find 71 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Okemos - University Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Residence Inn East Lansing - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Hyatt Place Lansing/Eastwood Towne Center - This 3-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Other top sights in Lansing include Spartan Stadium and Lake Huron.
Getting Around Lansing
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from East Lansing Station. Lansing might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lansing
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Lansing gets about 31.73 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F