Visiting Easter Island
History buffs will enjoy exploring Easter Island, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its seaside.
- There are 100 hotels and other accommodations in Easter Island
- The closest major airport is in Hanga Roa (IPC-Mataveri Intl.), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Easter Island
Cultural venues in the city include Ahu Akivi, Ahu Tongariki, and Museo Antropologico Sebastian Englert. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Rano Raraku, Ahu Tahai, and Ahu Akahanga. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Anakena Beach, Ranu Kau, and Te Pahu Caves.
In Easter Island, there are 100 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tauraa Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hare Nua - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and a bar.
- Hotel Puku Vai - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Easter Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 66°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- About 36.34 inches of rain falls on Easter Island each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas September and October are often coldest, averaging 60°F