Visiting Ellesmere Port
Visitors to Ellesmere Port are sure to enjoy the gardens, zoo, and waterfront. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Around the area, top sights include Chester Zoo, Vue Cinema, and Liverpool ONE.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Ellesmere Port
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 26.7 mi (43 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ellesmere Port
Chester Zoo, Vue Cinema, and Liverpool ONE are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Chester Cathedral and Grosvenor Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Ellesmere Port. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Inglewood Manor - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
- Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Brook Meadow Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Paul McCartney's childhood home, located 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Albert Dock, which is 9.1 mi/14.7 km away.
Getting Around Ellesmere Port
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Ellesmere Port is simple. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Ellesmere Port Station, Overpool Station, or Little Sutton Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Ellesmere Port
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Ellesmere Port gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F