Travelers to Chester give high marks for the riverfront, relaxing spas, and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its zoo. Top sights in the city include Chester Zoo, Chester Cathedral, and Grosvenor Museum.
- There are 130 hotels and other accommodations in Chester
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chester
The city is notable for landmarks like Chester Cathedral, St Peter's Church, and Eastgate Clock. Other notable sights to explore include Chester Zoo and Grosvenor Museum.
In Chester, you'll be able to select from 130 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Roseville Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free parking, a bar, and laundry facilities. Expedia travelers love its breakfast.
- Edgar House - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this B&B. This 5-star bed & breakfast features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- 80 Watergate Street - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include a bar and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Vue Cinema, 15 mi/24.1 km from the heart of the city, and Liverpool ONE, which is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away.
Getting Around Chester
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Chester Station, Bache Station, or Stanlow and Thornton Station. Chester may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chester is 1.14 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F