Find Motels in Fairfield
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
You could be seeing lower prices
Other property types in Fairfield
Hi-Ho: A Hi-Tech Hotel
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2020
The Circle Hotel Fairfield
Reviewed on Mar 3, 2021
The Inn at Fairfield Beach
Reviewed on Feb 1, 2021
Fairfield Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger New Haven area, you can select from 14 low-priced motels among the more than 169 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Fairfield has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Chelsea Piers and Port Jefferson in the area.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was invented in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels to book in the larger area:
- Stay within a short 7-minute drive of Fairfield University.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- Central Fairfield is 9.7 mi (15.6 km) away
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including parking and an area shuttle.
- Located 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the heart of Fairfield
- Central Fairfield is 18 mi (28.9 km) away
- A business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the heart of Fairfield
- Enjoy access to the health club, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Things to Do in FairfieldTake time to check out the shops and enjoy the beaches in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Those visiting Fairfield have good things to say about the restaurants.
Must-see places in and around Fairfield include:
- Chelsea Piers
- Port Jefferson
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Lake Mohegan
- Jennings Beach
- Penfield Beach
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Norwalk Maritime Aquarium
- Beardsley Zoo
- Robert Treat Farm
Fairfield is also notable for its:
- University life
Best Time to Visit FairfieldDetermine the optimal time to visit Fairfield by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 52° F and nighttime temperatures average 23° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 36° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 53° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 69° F during the day and 24° F at night
- Average rainfall is 42.80 inches in a year
How to Get to Fairfield and Around the Area
|Bridgeport, CT (BDR-Igor I. Sikorsky Memorial)||Airport||7.3 mi (11.8 km)|
|Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal)||Airport||17.4 mi (28.1 km)|
|New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional)||Airport||20.7 mi (33.3 km)|