Visitors to Fareham are sure to enjoy the spas, bars, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theaters. Top sights around the area include Spinnaker Tower, Gunwharf Quays, and Southampton Maritime Museum.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Fareham
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 9.7 mi (15.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 29 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fareham
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Fort Fareham, Fort Nelson, and Titchfield Abbey. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ashcroft Arts Centre and Westbury Manor Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fareham. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Trafalgar Guest House - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Lodge at Solent - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this lodge. This 4-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Solent Hotel and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Spinnaker Tower, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the heart of the city, and Gunwharf Quays, which is 6 mi (9.7 km) away.
Getting Around Fareham
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Fareham is simple. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Fareham Station or Fareham Portchester Station. You can catch a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Fareham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Fareham each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F