Visiting Florida City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Florida City, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beautiful parks. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its beaches. A top sight in the area is Zoo Miami.
- You'll find 2037 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Miami
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (MIA-Miami Intl.), 29.5 mi (47.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Florida City
The beaches and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Cinco de Mayo Park, Fasulo Park, and Loren Roberts Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Prime Outlets Florida City is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plaza Licenciado Benito Juarez and Everglades Alligator Farm.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Florida City. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Florida City, FL - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Florida City/Homestead/Everglades - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Gateway to the Keys - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Zoo Miami, located 15.8 mi (25.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Florida City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 57°F
- About 58.23 inches of rain falls on Florida City each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 56°F